Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moody + Confused = Unhappy?

Exam is getting closer as each time the calender flips to a new page, and the pressure gradually builds up with an inversely proportional correlation with the time left. As mentioned on the previous post, I would describe myself as a potato couch lately; what I do the most is just eating and sleeping. Sloth totally consumes me.

I am left with the last assignment and this does not even excite me to quickly finish it in order to clear my to-do-list. Biometry and experimental design is not of my subject of interest, so I admit that my bad attitude would block that from my mind. But, the struggle is that, even if I dislike the subject, I still have to sit for the exam, cause there is no way out; it's a compulsory subject for a Biochemistry student. This is not my semester as many weird subjects are on the list: C programming ( Gosh, I totally hate this! I am so not a fan of programming and damn, I have to take this, it's compulsory too!), Recombinant DNA Technology and Biometry and Experimental Design. Flipping through all these notes makes me feel devastated as I don't know most of the contents, especially C programming. I need a very much longer time to really get to know what are all these subjects about and time is running out, but laziness persists in me. I must quickly switch into study mode! *click*

Today is the last session of the TDR lab, better known as the Recombinant DNA Technology practical. Today the session ends 2 hours earlier as we are allowed to visit the Malaysian Genomic Institute(MGI). The visit is quite helpful in assisting me to have an insight of what I really want in future. MGI carries out many researches, namely protein expression, microarray, DNA sequencing and so on. DNA sequencing is totally out of the list as I hate to work with computers from morning to evening. Protein expression, maybe, as it involves microbes. Microarray, quite relevent to cancer research, but I just don't know why am I not interested. Suddenly, I am starting to feel that I am not so into lab work... Previously, I thought I would prefer lab work rather than everything else as I have had bad experiences working with humans (customers), who keeps on bothering me with many unnecessary problems and I though that lab work would bring it to the minimum level. However, currently I have to admit that my thoughts are starting to shake as I find myself getting a little tired for being in the lab for long hours. Imagine in future, it's going to be from monday to friday(or even saturday in private companies), and for how many years would it lasts? Gosh, I am sweating even when I am only thinking of the situation.

So, what's next? Why am I so fickle-minded and unpredictable? I am starting to worry as I only have 3 more semesters to really think about it before I come to another decision-making threshold, again...Think properly.

1 comment:

minn said...

don give urself so much pressure la...juz don b so lazy then can d...haha...
jia you jia you~~~