Thursday, April 15, 2010

Monsters of My Life

It's the "Exam occupation" at this time, bad time, stressed and yet, there is no escape from the reality, unless you really don't bother about your result. Obviously, I could not, so I have to grit my teeth and hold on to the torturous lifestyle.

My habit of doing my revision is to revise and take a small rest here and there whenever I want to. So, I love to listen to Gaga's songs and also watching clips about her songs, fan-made videos, on Youtube. And today, it occurred to me that "Hmmm, I should check out some information regarding her" and I read the description of her latest album "The Fame Monster" on Wikipedia. (Finally I searched something which is beyond syndromes or metabolic disorders...Gosh)

It seems that her inspiration of this album actually comes from her own fears, and she regards them as "monsters". In this album, she sings about her fear of the love monster, fear of the death monster, fear of the truth monster, fear of sex monster and so on.

This made me certain that she should win the "Top 100 Most Influential Persons in the World", carried out by the noted Time magazine. She is awesome! Instead of clinging to her fears and spending her time on being scared; she turns them into something useful - inspirations of her music career.

I have encountered many monsters too and like Lady Gaga, I am scared of them. I too, face the monster of truth, the monster of love, the monster of death, the monster of future, the monster of obsession, the monster of dream, the monster of commitment, the monster of loneliness and the monster of narcissism, to name a few.

Instead of scaring me away from the ugly reality of life, I hope these monsters could help me realize my insight and what I really want in my life.

No comments: