Sunday, January 4, 2009

College or move out? It's a clear decision...

This is the second semester of the first academic year, which means that after this semester, we will have to decide whether to stay in college or not. Staying in college requires us to be active in college's activities. So, if I want to continue to stay, I must be active.

Well, here's a thing about college. Everything has its pros and cons and the one thing I like about college is that you have more friends and it is near to my faculty, because it is inside the campus. Because I am staying in college, I get to know many people from different facs, and we even have like our own family there. It gives me the slight feeling of belonging, which I have been seeking ever since I am here. The time for me to walk from my college to my fac is only about 10 minutes, so this allows me to go back to my dorm to have a nap in the evenings after lectures. Haha, I know I am like a pig, just can't help it, sleep is important, okay...And also, the fees are kinda cheap over my college, in fact, the cheapest of all, the rate is RM2.50 per day! RM2.50 only!



The cons of staying in college are, well, way more than its pros. Below are the list:



1. You might get a sucky roommate. But luckily, I have a good one.

2. The food they sell in the cafe is awful and unhealthy. Trust me, my hair (not my pubic hair! =P) has been dropping like hell since last semester, and I finally realize that the culprit is ajinamoto!

3. Sharing toilets and bathrooms with 32 people is insane. Maybe because I am the type of fussy person, so I always feel ridiculous to share toilets n bathrooms with so many people. I enjoy shower very much and this sharing thing has stopped me from enjoying my shower because there is only 3 bathrooms, 1 has got no dorr, we are left with 2, not to mention one of the door is spoilt...it sucks.



4. Cold water kills me! Imagine, you have class at 8am and you are having cold water shower, it's fucking freezing cold! I always have flu in UKM because of this!



5. The bathrooms are always filled with water. The drain is always blocked, it makes the bathroom so damn messy. Ironically, a bathroom is a place for you to clean yourself, but the place itself is so filthy.




See! It's so fucking disgusting! eeee...


6. I can't cook in my dorm. There is no refrigerator, I cannot store meat, chicken, fish...fruits need to be eaten within 1 day! Even if I can cook using electrical cooker, I will have to go in and out of the room so oftenly that it disturbs my roommate, because the tap is outside.



7. The furnitures are limited and we cannot change its positions. Sometimes it is hard to arrange things because of its fixed position.



8. The lights are dimmed. I always feel that my room is very dark even with the lights on.



9. This is the worst of all: we have to move everything out from our room for every semester holiday! This is a shitty rule. I bring many things to make myself feel like I'm at home and to live a better life and this rule sucks! I was like crazy last semester, moving my things away, luckily my senior is kind enough to help me.



So, after analyzing the situation, I have decided to move out! Maybe the rental fees could be a little bit higher, but there are a lot of advantages. Bottom line, the 9 disadvantages about college I've mentioned above will not a problem anymore. The only problem is that I must have a mean of transport, that's all. So I planned to bring a bike here for the coming semester. I must try to ride again, because it has been ages since my last ride. LOL...



Hopefully, my parents would understand the reason I decide to move out and agree with me.







I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE COMING SEMESTER!!! Yippy...

2 comments:

jy88 said...

If i were to stay off campus, our house will b quite a distance from our campus d. A car or a bike is good, can reach my campus in about 10minutes. A bicycle is healthy n environment frenly, but i wil b going to class in dripping wet clothes.haha...

i did wat u said, n ya, it's pathetic, i pretended to b active, wat i did last sem was i went to the activity, then i signed the attendance, then after a while i would go to the toilet n poof, i was gone...this is how i managed to stay until this sem. cus my stupid college kicks pple out EVERY SEM...

紫谱 purplepooh said...

Staying in UUM has one large advantage, that is I no need to worry about moving out or staying at the college.
Yup, I totally agree with what you and Kean Hwa said.
But I think the biggest problem that I'm facing is the problem with roommates.
But the rest is not as serious as your condition.
Anyway, we still have to concentrate on our study. Don't you agree?
I pray that everything will be fine...