Saturday, November 22, 2008

My first blog...

Finals were over, i hope i do well for this semester because the first semester is always the easiest to score, then things will become more n more difficult for the coming semesters...
Anyway, the way i spend these few days is actually kinda fun! actually my examinations finished on 18nov, so after that im free. but i have things to b done at KL on 23nov, which is tomorrow, and i cant go home, so the only choice is to stay until tomorrow. but how am i going to spend these days? it is amazing when u can stay in the campus for 4 days doing nothing, while other either gone home already or still having their examinations...no, i cant do that, i cant stay in college for 4 days doing nothing cus i'll be bored to death. so i went out n did sum shopping for clothes n accessories... but im not rich, so i dun grab crazily; i buy carefully and wisely.
Tomorrow i'll be going to KL to get a cheque for my study loan! at first it turns me off when i knew that i have to stay a few days more just to get the damn cheque but then im happy...cheque is money, and imagine u could get money just by staying for a few days longer, y not? hopefully i can get to use half of the money and the other half can be used for investments. well, like i said, hopefully i can get to use the money, cus my dad is very concerned wif money matters and he always have comments on others' spending habits. perhaps, i cant blame him bcus he has his past n he sees more different scenarios in life than me, n therefore he has his own unique view on how to spend properly.
I remember very well wat he told me : "only spend on things u need, not on things u want, they are different". i totally disagree wif this statement bcus if we were to spend only for things we nid, then our life is so meaningless. it would b jus like any other living organisms on earth, from bacteria to insects to lions. from my POV, "wat we nid" refers to the very basic things that we required to stay alive and lead our lives. so in my context, it refers to our biological nids like food, shelter and clothes, and also other accessories required for modern days like transport and other tools. by doing so, which means do i live jus for the sake of living, like those lions in africa?
My philosophy towards life is that we shud live happily in modesty. u can spend, but not to the extent of over-spending n engulfed by debts. when u feel like buying sumthing u like, it's fine, work for it, bcus it givs u motivation. it givs u a direction n goal so that u could stay focused. he normally disagrees wif my spending habits bcus he only spend for things he nid, but i spend for things i nid n i want. lucky for me, he is not very autocratic n he wil jus mention to me abt how i shud spend n tat's it. until now, he never restrict my allowance or do anything to my money.
Anyway, i dun think my spending habits are wrong, bcus i dun over-spend n most importantly, i save. i spend accordingly to my affordability n i never borrow money from frens jus to buy things i wan. but, relatively, he would think tat i spend alot.
Im grateful of wat i hav n the way i spend, bcus i realize that many ppl spend without thinking. tat's risky n it could consume u. well, this is all for my first blog n i hope to write more on the way i see life. penang, im coming! home sweet home!

2 comments:

Ivan Teng said...

welcome to blogosphere jy!! I'l link u up pretty soon. a lil advise for u,i know u hate 'clever' advises or critism. But i come with peace. mayb u'l like to add some indentation or write it in paragrapahs so dat it eases the readers. Looking forward for ur next post. keep it up!

jy88 said...

ok, thx for ur "clever" advice...haha.dun worry, i wil accept sincere advices from true ppl, i jus hate those who wans to pull me down by saying bad things n providing stupid advices. take care!