Sunday, July 19, 2009

The AUDITION

Today is the audition day for UKM's 30th Pesta Tanglung Stage Performance, and I decided to give it a try. We could audition for either acting or dancing or even both, but I chose acting because I don't think I can dance. I am stiff like a twig, xD...

It was a very fun day. First, we had a warm-up session which involved some free dance, and I was like "oh my God, I'd tried to avoid dancing and now I have to dance?"... But turned out, I love it...They played some random musics and we have to move accordingly to the music, each of us are given a chance to lead the dance. Too bad I got a slow, traditional Chinese music >< So sweat...-.-"

After that, we played a game, sumthing like hide-and-seek, but not exactly the same. This is to test how fast could we react... luckily i made it to the last few before losing, hahah... Then, my favourite part is up - the catwalk session. We are asked to walk in a very confident way and to behave like a supermodel, and the judges were there to observe our level of confidence...

The real audition followed. The chi kek part was this...a 2-minute background music was played, and we have to cry within that period of time... I cant...hahah... I thought I could cus I am quite emotional, but I failed. I was amazed by the spontaneity of a few girls who cried rightaway when the music had just started to play! Now I totally believe that a professional actor/actress has the capability to cry spontaneously... Well, seeing is believing.

Finally, we were asked to form a group of 2 for the interview session. Because there are odd numbers of contestants, I was in a group of 3. We are being interviewed by 4 teachers, and 1 of them asked :" Are you willing to cut your hair or even ugly-fy yourself for a character?" and I answered smoothly a yes...And now, I am a bit worried...hahah... I answered this question a little too soon without further considerations... We are required to sing a song as this year's performance is a musical show, so we are tested and considered based on our singing. After the interview, we have to put on a short act for about 1 minute and the story was about a quarrel, a quarrel between a parent (mother/father) and a son/daughter. For my group, we did the story of a son and a daughter quarrelling with their mother... We came up with quite a different story because we have 3 members and luckily we were given enough time to present the story well and the judges understood.

I think I did okay in the audition. I have no experience in such performance and I hope I am given a chance to try this once in my life...*Praying for the best, result will be notified within the next week*

2 comments:

-Derrick- said...

wow....Jin Yang Dancing n acting lo....becoming more "jia" d..know how to act d lo...haha
anyway all d best ya ;)

jy88 said...

oi, firstime commend on my blog already wan suan me d la... acting is the art of life ok? wat jia? u dunno how to appreciate la...hahah...nvm, i wun forsake u wan, if i bcom a superstar liao u will still b my fren...haha...