Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mamma mia! Here I go again...my my, how can I resist you?

I just watched Mamma mia! the movie last few days, it is a great movie, i wish that i have watched it in cinema, oh, i shud have...few months back, when i saw its trailer in the cinema ad, i thought that it's going to b a boring movie, but NO, it is not at all, i judged it very wrongly. Glad that i watch it.

SPOILERS ALERT!!! Dun scroll down if u have not watched the movie!









I really love everything in the movie. First of all, they choose the perfect setting at the islands of Greece, and there is sunshine, blue skies n blue seas, it is wonderful. The small inn is also great, although it might b an old building.

Besides that, they make love stories interesting. I don know, im not a fan of love story but i really like it this time. it's funny and also romantic. The bride's mother (Donna) finally found her true love after 21 years and they married.

The show is based on the songs of the famous band of the 70's - ABBA! From small, i know that there was a band named ABBA, and that's all i know about them. Never really heard so many of their songs before, well, heard a few before, like money, money, money and chiquitita. this show gives me a chance to know more of their songs and i think all of their songs are so great!!! the lyrics are so meaningful and the melody is very soothing.

There is a part where Donna is dressing up Sophie, her bride-to-be daughter for the church ceremony and they use the song " slipping through my fingers". it is so touching and tears rolled down my face. the scene and the lyrics make the wonder.

The lyrics describe about how a mother feels when her daughter is growing up so quickly and sometimes she jus can't help but to feel that her little girl is slipping away from her. ya, i believe that parents will have this feeling and I feel it too, becus sumtimes i have to choose between my parents and my frens, and i feel a sense of guilt when i choose my frens over my parents. i dunno y, this dun really happen to me before. maybe now that i've left home for studies and the emotions evoked suddenly, jus hope that i could spend more time with them.

Anyway, if u have not watched Mamma mia!, please watch, it's worth your time! i hope that i could watch the live show in KL!

No comments: